Chicken, Linguine and Crimini
I’m getting to like this business of freestyle cooking (cooking without a recipe). It adds a little mystery to meals. It’s kinda cute when my husband asks “whats cooking?” and I say “Oh, you’ll see *bats eyelashes*” when what I really mean to say is “Honey, I have no idea!”. I’ve always been pleasantly surprised at how great the meals turn out. I LOVE it. One of my recent freestyle meals was Smoked Paprika Chipotle Chicken with Spirali Pasta and Kale Pesto. I had ingredients that I wanted to use and I ran with it.
My ingredient for today’s post is Crimini Mushrooms. I can’t say that I’m a big fan, however I wanted to be adventurous and incorporate it into a meal. It’s a great thing to challenge yourself. I knew I wanted pasta, and I knew I wanted it creamy. I just wanted a quick way of doing it, while utilizing items in my Pantry. So anyway, the idea was born on a recent trip to the grocery store. Crimini Mushrooms were on sale so I grabbed a pack and here is what I came up with.
I will say, that when I am preparing a freestyle meal, I get really focused and sometimes I don’t get to take photographs of the process. So I only have the finished result today. It tasted great and I got my little man to eat it! He only questioned the mushrooms half way through, but he ate everything in his plate. You should have seen him slurping the pasta. The things that bring mothers joy. *insert big smile here*
|Chicken, Linguine and Crimini||
- Linguine Pasta
- Grapeseed Oil to cook the chicken
- 3 Chicken Breasts (Skinless, Boneless)
- 2 Tsp All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 Cup Sliced Crimini mushrooms
- 1 Can Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup (284 ml)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth (or whatever you need)
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, all-purpose seasoning
- In a hot skillet, add grapeseed oil and cook chicken 6-8 mins on both sides over medium high heat until cooked through and juices run clear. Set aside
- Set pasta to boil, following the directions on the package (I used half a pack)
- In a warm skillet, add olive oil. Add onions and saute until translucent
- Add crimini, and saute until soft, about 5-7 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add can of cream of chicken soup
- Stir to incorporate
- If you find it too thick, add broth until you have reached your desired consistency
- When pasta is cooked, drain and add to the skillet with the mushrooms
- Toss to incorporate
- Plate immediately and serve with sliced chicken on top
Hows that for dinner in a jiffy?
Have a great weekend!!!