Smoked Paprika Chipotle Chicken with Spirali Pasta and Kale Pesto
Every now and again I tend rebel. I’ve been using recipes because that’s how I learned to cook. But some days I just want to throw caution to the wind and follow my heart and do what comes to mind. And that’s exactly what I did. I gave my friends on Facebook a quick peek at what I prepared. Because I didn’t follow a recipe, I don’t have a fancy name for it so the ingredients will have to do for now.
On my recent grocery shopping trips, I picked up a few items just for fun. White/Black Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Smoky Paprika Chipotle Seasoning. Both completely out of my comfort zone but I’m all about expanding my horizons. The risk was well worth it. Although I did hold back, just a little.
I used Kale for the “pesto” because I really like the health benefits and it has a nice flavour. However, after smelling the Chipotle seasoning (that bad boy is strong), I opted to leave the cheese and any form of nut from the pesto. Traditional pesto consist of Basil, Parmesan or Romano Cheese, Olive Oil, Pine Nuts and Garlic. It makes me smile to myself and ask the question – is it still really pesto if it doesn’t have cheese and nuts? Ah well. It tasted great so I’m still calling it pesto. There. I’ll try it with all the ingredients next time.
|Smoked Paprika Chipotle Chicken with Spirali Pasta and Kale Pesto||
- 5 Chicken Breast Cutlets
- 2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika Chipotle Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Cups Spirali Pasta (Or any pasta you have – Penne or Fusili)
- 1 Cup frozen Kale, defrosted
- 2 Tbsp White Truffle Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Sweet Corn, thawed (optional)
- Prepare Pasta according to package instructions
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and chipotle seasoning.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken for about 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- In a small food processor, combine Kale and White Truffle Olive Oil.
- Drain pasta. Add Kale and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken into strips. Serve with pasta and corn as garnish if desired.
There’s no need to panic if you didn’t plan dinner tonight. The possibilities are endless…