Welcome to another edition of #MuffinMonday! Today we are sharing a cheesy savoury muffin to get your week started in the best way possible. No cranberries and mixed fruit in my muffins just yet. Sit tight.
I’m not sure how I let it happen, but Christmas seemed close but not that close. I mean Halloween was just here…and now stores are playing Christmas music. I guess retailers have to keep up. I don’t. By now, your mood should be changing as you get into the seasonal spirit of tinsel and ornaments. I dread putting up the tree just as how I dread taking it down. But I have kids and therefore it must be done. Kids really do make you become awesome parents.
My selection for today’s #MuffinMonday is Parmesan, Quinoa and Pine Nut Muffins. I added some Quinoa Flour in the batter to increase the nutritional value of my muffins. I loved the cheesy aroma from these muffins as they baked. I also loved the toasted pine nuts scattered over top of each muffin.
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Pine Nuts
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 6 Tbsp Butter, softened
- Topping: 4 Tsp grated parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners
- For the topping, combine parmesan and pine nuts and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine flour, quinoa flour, baking powder and salt with a whisk
- Stir in the parmesan and pine nuts
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs and then beat in the buttermilk and oil
- In the large bowl with the flour, make a well in the centre and pour in the liquid mixture
- Stir gently until just combined. Be sure not to over mix
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle topping over the batter
- Bake for about 20 minutes until well risen and golden brown
- Allow muffins to cool for about 5 minutes.
This recipe yields 12 muffins
The pine nuts were not very well behaved! They kept falling off as you took a bite, much to the annoyance of my hubby He enjoyed these muffins but wished there was MORE CHEESE. That seems to the answer to everything these days. More cheese. Duly noted.
Quite a tasty muffin. I enjoyed them. But now I have to figure out how to make it even more cheesy.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.
Link to the Muffin Monday page: http://bakerstreet.tv/
Link to Muffin 101: http://bakerstreet.tv/