I’ve had to look into so many things with regards to how we eat our food today. With all the various food sensitivities out there, it is so important to pay attention to foods that can cause illness to you or your loved ones. I have had to learn about Gluten from a friend of mine who is sensitive to wheat products. I was not aware of Celiac Disease/Gluten Sensitivity before my friend shared her situation with me. I was more familiar with common food allergies/sensitivities like dairy, nuts and shellfish. Today’s #SundaySupper theme is all about meals prepared for either health or dietary restrictions. So whether it be Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Nut Free – we will have something to share with you today.
Our host this week is Bea from Not So Cheesy Kitchen. Bea’s blog is dedicated to sharing meals and information about a rare metabolic disorder called Classic Galactosemia. This particular disorder prevents the body from processing sugar galactose properly. Bea has been able to allow her family to thrive by preparing special meals that are free from galactose, with guidance from her metabolic clinic. Bea is a true champion! Having a restricted diet has its many challenges, but Bea manages it well and shares her recipes and experiences with us on her blog. Thank you , Bea! And Thank you for hosting this theme that is so close to your heart.
Today I am sharing with you a Gluten Free Fritter using Chickpeas, Scallions, and tomatoes. I really like fritters. There is something about them that I find so comforting. Perhaps it’s because my grandma used to make saltfish fritters for me, I’m not sure. They are so easy to make and such a practical snack. Everyone should be able to enjoy fritters of some kind. They can be served as a side dish or as a snack.
I really enjoyed these chickpea fritters. It’s always great to know you can create more than just hummus with a can of chickpeas. Scallions bring a lovely flavour to the fritters and pair nicely with the Tomatoes. Any tomato will do, as long as you remove the seeds first. You only need about a cup of diced tomatoes.
I used this opportunity to use the Gluten-Free Flour that I had in my pantry. Instead of using a full cup the GF flour for this recipe, I went half and half with Quinoa Flour – another Gluten Free flour.
I also shredded a handful of spinach to give the fritters some added nutrition as well as a beautiful hint of green!
I’m very happy to have made a #GlutenFree dish for today’s #SundaySupper. Although I do not have a Gluten sensitivity, I will always try to make a variety of recipes that can assist other readers with special diets. Hope you enjoyed my recipe today. As always, check out the list of Recipes from the #SundaySupper group. Feel free to PIN and share your favourites on Facebook or Twitter!
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut & Soy Free Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding bygirlichef
- Dairy & Nut and Sugar Free Blueberry Tangerine Muffins by Vintage Kitchen
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut, and Soy Free Homemade Mango Jam Recipe byMasala Herb
- Gluten Free Nothing Missing Manicotti by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Meatballs over Courgette Noodles bySmall Wallet, Big Appetite
- Gluten Free Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Balsamic Portobello Burgers by Curious Cuisinere
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Nut Free Mushroom Risotto Bake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Mac and “Cheese” by Webicurean
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Creamy Mushrooms on Pasta by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Enoki Mushroom & Pine Nut Quinoa by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Persian Cucumber Yogurt by Shockingly Delicious
- Gluten Free Quinoa with Olives, Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!
- Dairy Free Farro and Fruit Salad by Magnolia Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Dairy Free Fattoush Salad by From the Bookshelf
- Gluten Free Chickpea Fritters by The Lovely Pantry
- Dairy, Egg, and Gluten Free Black Bean and Mango Salad by Soni’s Food
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, and Nut Free Grilled Fennel Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Dairy & Gluten Free French Bread by Blueberries and Blessings
- Dairy & Gluten Free Crunchy Almond Sesame Crackers by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dairy & Gluten Free Individual Chocolate Pavlovas by The Girl in The Little Red Kitchen
- Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Apple Almond Butter Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Nut Free Lemon Cardamom Wedding Cookies by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairy Free Chocolate Gelato by Growing Up Gabel
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Sugar Free Cantaloupe, Strawberry, & Coconut Gazpacho by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Gluten Free Meringue Kisses with Dulce de Lece by Basic N Delicious
- Dairy & Egg Free Vegan Everyday Chocolate Loaf by Gotta Get Baked
- Gluten, Dairy, and Nut Free Coconut Macaroons by Happy Baking Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Soy Free Tastes like Chocolate Ice Cream byCookistry
- Gluten Free Mousse & Cookies by Ninja Baking
- Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdooles by Pies and Plots
- Dairy, Egg & Soy Free Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gluten Free Lemonade Dip by The Messy Baker
- Nut & Fat Free Chocolate Angel Food Cake by Table for Seven
- Gluten & Dairy Free Honey Bear Smoothies by Neighborfood
- Sugar Free Strawberry Meyer Lemonade by The Weekend Gourmet
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday, April 14th to talk all about movies that have inspired us to head into the kitchen – and the food that comes from that inspiration (7pm EST)!
We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag, and include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.read more