Mini Coconut Loaves
I’ve been in quite the baking mood recently. As some of you may have noticed, I tend to use coconut products in my baking (when I can). I love finding healthy alternatives to ingredients or just mixing things up a bit. I found a recipe on Taste Of Home called Coconut Loaf and I just knew, I had to try it. It had the name Coconut Loaf but the only coconut ingredient was the flaked coconut. I turned it up a notch or two and added more coconut loveliness. Now I can really call it Coconut Loaf!
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until well combined
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition
- In a medium bowl, add all-purpose flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt Combine with a whisk
- Add flour mixture alternately with the coconut milk
- Pour combined mixture evenly into three greased mini loaf pans
- Bake for 35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
This bread was fragrant, sweet, crumbly and dense. Having something like this every now and again should be mandatory. I decreased the amount of shredded coconut from the original recipe. I figured since I was using coconut sugar, coconut flour as well as coconut milk…holding back seemed like a good idea.
I baked three of these loaves and was able to give 2 away. One young lady that I gave a loaf to, ate almost half of it in one go. These loaves are fairly small so I guess it can be a single serving….
This is certainly a good treat for coconut lovers. Enjoy!