Orange Pumpkin Raisin Muffins for #MuffinMonday
Happy #MuffinMonday! I’m happy to join in this week with such a tasty muffin to kick off the season. Today’s recipe comes from a book called Celebrating Quick Breads and Pastries. As always, I’ve put my own little twist on it, partially because I didn’t have a specific ingredient. I ran out of brown sugar. Which is no biggie, I mean you work around these things, right? What I chose to replace it with was quite interesting. I used Coconut Sugar. I swear, I could eat this thing with a spoon until my tummy hurt. Thankfully, I did not. These muffins were an excellent choice and it allowed me to bake with pumpkin for the first time EVER. I kid you not. I ended up using a can that I had stashed away in my pantry. I had planned on using it for something but I guess whatever that “thing” was, never happened. Everything happens for a reason and THIS my dear friends, is one great tasting muffin!
- 1 3/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar (Or Brown Sugar)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1/3 Cup Freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 Tsp Orange Zest
- 1 Cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line 2 muffin pans with paper liners (16 muffin liners)
- In a small bowl, add flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Combine.
- In a large bowl, add granulated sugar, coconut sugar, eggs and oil. Combine.
- To the sugar mixture, add pumpkin, orange juice, orange zest and raisins. Combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet. Combine well.
- Spoon batter into muffin liners, about 2/3 full
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a tooth pick once inserted, comes out clean
- Remove from pan and allow to cool on a cooling rack
This recipe yielded 16 Muffins
Although I used Coconut Sugar, there was no real taste/hint of coconut. It provides a unique type of sweetness that surely enhanced the flavour of these moist and tasty muffins.
Seriously guys…don’t you want one or three?
Happy Monday and have a spectacular week!!
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week. Check out Muffin 101 here.