Orange and Almond Muffins
Muffins are so simple, and tasty to make. I mean, who doesn’t love a good muffin, right? I pulled out my little muffin recipe book called “100 Muffins from 1 Easy Recipe” and found another nice recipe. The last muffins I made from this book were the Easter Muffins and they were great. These were just as light and just as simple. They could easily be a quick breakfast on the go, or a snack. What I love is that there’s not too much sugar but it has a lovely citrus flavour. Really nice! The kids loved them, but they started to slow down once they hit the middle. I guess there’s no sugar in the middle! They also asked where the frosting was….
|Orange and Almond Muffins||
- 2 Oranges
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour, Unbleached
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Superfine Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Ground Almonds
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Tbsp Sunflower Oil (or melted cooled butter)
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Extract
- 3 Tbsp Turbinado Sugar (Raw Sugar)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or use 12 paper liners
- Finely grate the rind from both oranges and extract the juice into a measuring cup
- To the measuring cup with juice, add milk to make a full up and add rind
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt
- Stir in sugar and ground almonds
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs, then beat in the orange/milk mixture, oil and almond extract
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid mixture
- Stir until just combined. Take care not to over mix
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan
- Sprinkle Turbinado Sugar over the top of the muffins
- Bake for 20 minutes until well risen, golden brown and firm to the touch
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before serving
Slightly adapted from “100 Muffins From 1 Easy Recipe”, Page 60
Even before it is baked, it smells really good!
I like the coarse grittiness of the Turbinado Sugar. It gives a nice crunch at the end.
The house smells great right about now!
I used Navel Oranges for this recipe. I find them to be sweet and very juicy.
Such a great little muffin. Bake, grab, go!
Happy Monday my dear friends! Have an awesome week!