Roasted Curried Chicken
I love curry. I think if I could curry everything, I probably would – just to try it. Ok well, not EVERYTHING. I’ve curried Tofu a few times. That turned out super!
In Jamaica, it is traditional to stew curried chicken. And for the most part, that is how I’ve always prepared curried chicken. Its great. But I wanted to do it a bit differently. You know, just because. I figured it would be ok to roast chicken that has been seasoned with curry. Especially since I’ve found a new appreciation for roasting chicken. It’s so easy! And the skin is so crispy and yummy.
When stewing curried chicken, carrots and potatoes are the usual suspects in the dish, so I kept them. I couldn’t leave them out. Besides, they taste amazing when roasted!
|Roasted Curried Chicken||
- 6 Chicken Thighs, skin on
- 3 Cloves Garlic, cut into thirds
- 2 Tsp low sodium All Purpose Seasoning
- 2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Jamaican Curry Powder
- Coconut Oil to brush chicken + grease the baking tray
- 1 Large Carrot
- 3 Small White Potatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Wash and pat dry each piece of chicken
- On a parchment lined surface, place each piece skin side down
- Brush with oil, then season with half of the seasoning (Salt, Pepper, Thyme, All-Purpose, Curry Powder)
- Flip over and do the same for the side with the skin
- Transfer chicken to a foil rimmed baking tray, lightly greased with coconut oil
- Put pieces of garlic between the chicken and set aside
- Cut the carrot and potatoes into 1 inch pieces
- In a small bowl, toss in about 1 tbsp coconut oil. Season with Salt, Pepper & Thyme
- Spread on another foil rimmed baking tray
- Place both trays in the oven and roast for about 45 minutes in a 450F oven
- If skin starts to burn, cover with foil until cooking is complete
- Toss carrots and potatoes half way through
- Serve with fluffy basmati rice
I just love my oven. It works wonders!
And here you have it. Serve with rice, or like me – just like this.
Have a splendid week, my friends! ~Lyn