Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
I wanted to post the recipe for these cookies for a few days now but alas, I’m slightly behind in my posting. I’m so happy to share this with you though, as these are my husband’s favourite cookies. I kinda love them too. I promised him I’d make a batch this week so me posting is great timing. I love the simplicity, and also that I’m using low-fat peanut butter, less sugar than what the original recipe called for plus I used dark chocolate chips. Sounds like some good stuff right? You can substitute peanut butter for the organic kind. I plan to use vegan dark chocolate peanut butter to see how it comes out. I may omit the chocolate chips to avoid overkill. We’ll see!
This recipe is adapted from Everyday Food.
- 1 Cup Low-Fat Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, egg, baking soda and salt
- Once combined, mix in chocolate chips
- Using a cookie-scoop, take walnut sized portions and with moistened hands, roll into balls
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between each ball
- Bake for 12-14 minutes in a 350F oven
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
Don’t you just want to dive in? Seriously.
Take good care guys! ~ Lyn