There are some days when I am willing to make Lasagna, and there are days when I wonder why go through all the layering. Don’t get me wrong, we love lasagna. It’s a beautiful thing. This is a recipe that happened one day when I started to make lasagna but never quite made it. You just never know how things will turn out in my kitchen. This was a great meal!
- 1 1/2 lbs Lean ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Healthy Choice Garlic Lovers Pasta Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- In a medium dutch oven, over medium high heat, brown onion and garlic in olive oil (10 minutes).
- Add meat and cook until browned (10 minutes).
- Add Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add Tomato Sauce and stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer for about 15 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add a little chicken broth.
- Simmer to desired consistency. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- When you are satisfied with the consistency, remove from heat.
- Add spinach, stir.
- Serve over a bed of pasta tossed in olive oil and parmesan cheese.
Add colourful veggies. Serve and enjoy!